The RGG: 1 Year Later



Introduction:

When I started this blog just about a year ago, I started it just as a brain dump for all of the accumulated knowledge I had built up around the topics of firearms and shooting. I was in a transitional period of life. I had just graduated college with a degree that didn't really give me any direction. I was entering a job that I tolerated as a way to make money, so I wanted to put some time into something that I actually cared about. I try to take this blog pretty seriously and hold myself to making a weekly post. I don't always accomplish this, but I think I do a decent job at it. 

I tried to do my best to emulate something that I would want to read and look at, while having no idea how to make a blog halfway successful. I found it funny when I first started out. When I first started posting links on social media, people thought that my accounts had been hacked and that I was just posting spam. Now, on Mondays people ask me what today's post is about and ask me if I'm making a post if I'm still typing late on Monday. It feels good to know that at least a small number of people habitually read what I write.

Details: 

Going into the 2nd year of TheRGG, I want to try and build off the progress made in the 1st. I want to try and expand my readership even more, and I want to incorporate different forms of media into TheRGG. I'm talking about a greater social media presence, potentially videos, and if things go well, merchandise. 

This is where I need help from you. I want to know what kind of content you want to see and what sort of a direction you would like to see TheRGG go. I may get some other people on board to help me out with things as the blog grows. Things like different authors for posts could be a nice addition to switch up the voice that comes  through on many of these posts. Additionally, I'm going to be setting up RGG-specific social media accounts that I hope to make some smaller, but more frequent posts. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions in this direction. I'm always open to constructive critique as a way that I can make this project the best that it can be.

I would also love to hear any content suggestions that you guys have. Anything that you all find interesting that I may know about or can do some digging and learn about. That has always been one of the biggest struggles in running this. Coming up with new and interesting long-form content on a weekly basis was something that I definitely underestimated. 

Conclusion:

Overall I'm pretty happy with the progress that I've made in a year. I still consider myself new at this, so I know that I still have a whole lot to learn. I want to try and solicit more feedback from my readers and try and make this whole project as big as I can.

If you have feedback for me, and I hope you do, please leave a comment or email me at: Redwoodgunguy@gmail.com  Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defense Distributed, DEFCAD, and Deterrence Dispensed.

5.45x39mm Ammo Variants

3D Printed Guns